Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock soared 8.70% by 8:02 AM ET (12:02 GMT) as investors looked past worse-than-expected second quarter earnings and focused on steadier production volumes and a slower rate of cash burn.
• DowDuPont (NYSE:DWDP) stock rose 0.43% as the company reported profit that beat analyst estimates for a fourth-straight quarter.
• Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) stock gained 0.71% after the company confirmed that it is partnering with Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) to deliver its Coffee in China.
• TripAdvisor (NASDAQ:TRIP) stock tanked 11.31% after second quarter revenue missed estimates on a 4% decline in hotel revenue.
• Fitbit (NYSE:FIT) stock gained 2.87% as the company reported second quarter results that beat consensus.
• Clorox (NYSE:CLX) stock traded up 2.22% after the company posted better-than-expected profit despite a miss on revenue.
• Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (NASDAQ:RRGB) stock crashed 23.01% as the company forecast full-year earnings per diluted share of $1.80 to $2.20 compared to the consensus estimate of $2.54.
• Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ:CTSH) stock tumbled 6.44% as second quarter revenue came in below consensus and the company forecast third quarter revenue of $4.06 billion to $4.10 billion, below expectations for $4.12 billion.
• Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN) sank 4.62% after reporting second quarter results that missed on the top and bottom lines.